Wednesday, December 3, 2008

No.1 Hot Toys 2008 : Barbie doll

Barbie dolls logo

Top toys survey from The National Retail Federation's 2008 said that Rank No.1 on the list of hot toys for holidays was Barbie dolls for girls and video games for boys. Barbie doll tops the National Retail Federation's list of the top gifts parents are buying their daughters this year, as she has since 2004. Barbie doll, the fashion doll introduced in 1959, has remained an icon and the kind of girl young ladies want to dress up and parade around the dream house. She also represents a resurgence in popularity of classic toys. In what could be the worst holiday shopping season for retailers in decades because of financial crisis, there’s one thing that’s still sure to sell: Barbie dolls.

It’s the old standby from Mattel that debuted nearly 50 years ago that has made the top of this year’s top toys for girls list while Hannah Montana and High School Musical of Disney fame rank second and eighth respectively on the top of the toy list this year, so again my favorite Barbie doll still No.1 gift parents are buying for their girls on this Christmas.

5 comments:

Admin said...

I would like to have on Barbie for myself. Can you gift me one?

Hehehe..Just kidding :)

nice post!

megat said...

your blog more info ,make me excited. Congratulation!!. I come again

cookies said...

I love this hot toys : Barbie, Even I'm not young more ;)

Advertiser said...

Hi! Thanks for your visit! You live in Maritius? Cool! I really hope to see this beautiful island one day.

Do you have any photos from Maritius that you can contribute to my travel blog? I can feature your article at my travel blog if you can share with us what to see and eat at Maritius! I think it must be very interesting!

You can email me at travelerfolio@gmail.com

Anonymous said...

Hello Mathilda thanks you...your blog is very very nice.kiss kiss!!!!